Riya has over two years of experience in research pertaining to international trade, peace-building and conflict resolution through trade in Jammu and Kashmir. She has co-authored several publications on the subject. These include:
- Private Participation at Indian Ports – Resurgence through Reforms (Policy Brief, 2017)
- Direct Delivery at Indian Ports – A situational assessment (Policy Brief, 2017)
- Container Freight Station – A roadblock or a facilitator in Trade Supply Chain? (Policy Brief, 2016)
- Trade Facilitation Meetings at Major Ports (Policy Brief, 2016)
- Trading Confidence: A compelling case for cross line of control trade (Report, 2016)
- Bridging Infrastructural Deficits at Select Trade Ports in India (Report, 2016)
Ms. Sinha also has a keen interest in in international affairs and has written for national dailies and online portals such as The Hindu, The Pioneer, Quint, Rediff and Policy Samvad. She has also authored a chapter in the book – Modi’s Cultural Diplomacy and Soft Power – Issues and Challenges (Ansh Book International, 2016) on Cross-Line of Control Trade through Jammu and Kashmir. Prior to BRIEF, she has undergone training with the Policy Planning Division at Ministry of External Affairs and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), working on private participation in trade and regional integration in South Asia. She has also presented papers at national seminars on reforming India’s neighbourhood economic policy.